In order to accept this award, I must answer questions and then list 11 random facts about myself. So here goes:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I used to love riding my bike around our cul-de-sac. I like that I live in a neighborhood that is not heavily trafficked so that my kids can play outside as well. (My memory ends with me attempted to stop and running into the garage door, falling, and skinning my knee, but I still have to go with it as my favorite.)
2. Where did you go on your first vacation?
I can't remember what my FIRST vacation was, but when I was young my grandparents had a cottage in Coboconk. We used to go there every summer and climb on the rocks, see the chipmunks, feed the ducks, and swim in the lake. This probably was my first vacation. It's the first I can remember.
3. If you can only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
I have to say broccoli and cheese. I usually put it on baked potatoes, but I can live without the baked potato as long as I have my broccoli and cheese...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
4. What's your favorite comedy movie?
I don't know what my favorite is, but on a recent rainy day, my children and I went to see Despicable Me 2. It was cute.
5. If you're given a chance to go to outer space for a few months, will you take it?
This is actually a hard question. Like any good undercover nerdy chick I love space - fiction and non fiction. I love following what the Mars Rover is doing (making its way to the base of Mount Sharp) checking out the new names for Pluto's moons - Styx and Kerberos. Plus I just love any new exploration so I want to say yes, but only if my kids can come too! Hey, it would be a good learning opportunity for them too....ummm right?
6. What do you think is your best skill/asset?
I think my best skill that I'm currently working on is learning to compartmentalize. I know some people look at this as not so good, but I can be Me-The-Mom when I'm with my kids or blogging (or cleaning or cooking....) and Me-The-Worker when I need to focus and switch gears. I've learned to be able to put aside the pain from the things my parents say to me in order to still be happy doing whatever it is that I need to do at the time.
7.Straight or curly hair?
I love curly hair. I have straight hair, but my mother and my kids have tons of curls. While it is definitely easy to comb through my straight hair their curls are to die for.
8. Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer?
FALL!!! Love the clothes, the food, the produce, the pumpkin rides, the Halloween costumes, the mosquitos leaving, the cool weather....I could go on for days.
9.What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Is it strange that I cannot remember???
10. Is there something you want to change about yourself?
My confidence. I have insecurities that hold me back from doing a lot.
11. Red or nude lipstick?
11 Random Facts
1. I am a Resident Alien.
2. I love cutting my kids sandwiches with cookie cutters and making them into cute shapes.
3. I have said the exact quote "I wish life was more like a spreadsheet then everything would have it's own special little cell and be completely organized." I love organization.
4. Reading charts excites me.
5. I'm going back to school for a post grad certificate of accountancy. (As a single mom, my belt just keeps tightening but it never feels like I can tighten it enough.)
6. There are certain TV shows I cannot live without: Walking Dead, Orphan Black, and Doctor Who for starters.
7. My undergrad degree is in Therapeutic Recreation. Even though I have not worked in the field for years, I try to use as much as I learned in school about creating activities that will fulfill physical, emotional, and cognitive needs and apply them to the things I do with my children.
8. I have been asked if I am my children's nanny 3 times in the past month or so. I'm trying to take it as a compliment. I guess I just look that young and skinny! HAHA So just kidding.
9. I hate that young girls today look up to people like the Kardashians and try to encourage my daughter to take interest in people like Marie Curie, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Blackwell, Amelia Earhart, or other women that can be applauded for their brains, bravery, and willingness to go above and beyond.
10. When my kids wake up in the middle of the night and try to sneak into my bed, I let them. I know I shouldn't, but I love my babies and I like to snuggle. Plus it gets lonely in my bed sometimes. :)
11. Instead of music, I listen to the podcasts Stuff You Missed In History Class, Stuff You Should Know, and RadioLab while I'm running.
Blogs I'm Nominating for Liebster Award
Rules for Nominees
- Link back to your nominating blog
- Answer the questions they have provided
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate blogs with less than 20 followers
- Create 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Contact your nominees and let them know
Questions for Nominees
1. Tea or Coffee?
2. What is your favorite children's book? (Either from your childhood or that you read to your children)
3. What is your favorite date night idea?
4. What is the last thing you ate?
5. Who were you named after?
6. What are you listening to right now?
7. What is your go-to pick-me-up when you are feeling down?
8. What is your dream vacation?
9. Dog or cat?
10. Strength training or cardio?
11. What;s your favorite recipe to cook?
Thanks again for this award! Looking forward to seeing other people's answers.