Sunday, January 26, 2014

Firsts

I meant to post this a while ago.  But then it hit...a stomach bug!  Ugh.  All I could think about was sleep - and eating - and not eating - and not being sick again - and then disinfectant - lots and lots of disinfectant.  

What an amazing week of firsts! (a couple weeks ago now, ugh!)  A week that can really put a smile on a Mommy's face!
I can't really get into my daughter's first because I don't want to embarrass her.  It is very personal and the last thing I want to do is broadcast it to the world so that she never confides and trusts me again.  Anyways, it is a personal hygiene issue that I wish my mom had taught me when I was young.  There were a lot of things I learned from my friends.  I'm just so happy that my daughter and I have more or less the relationship I always wished I had with my mother.  It puts a smile on my face and if it were possible, I believe on my heart as well.


As for my son, I took him rock climbing for his first time. My daughter is a great rock climber as you can see she made it to the top with absolutely no problem.

My big man was much more apprehensive but we had a great time nonetheless. It was adorable to see him so determined to climb a foot off the ground, want to come back down, argue with his sister that he gets one more try, put on his determined face, and climb a foot off the ground again. When we were done,he we as so proud of himself, the whole way home he kept proclaiming "You didn't even know I could rock climb so well!" and with wide eyes exclaim "I didn't even know I could do that!"
 Gosh I love my babes!



(This last picture makes me look like the worst belayer, but I swear I'm holding that rope tight as ever and he was not going anywhere.)

No comments:

Post a Comment