Thursday, February 13, 2014

Quick and Easy Valentine's Cards



Has the snow kept you from getting to the store and getting all your Valentine's? I know how hard it is for me to go to the store when I really only need to get one thing (I.e. a Valentine's day card) and don't feel like braving the cold.  This year we made our own for grandparents and teachers. They are cute and easy to make, if I do say so myself.



We started by cutting out a heart the good old fashioned way-food a piece of paper in half and cut half a heart shape along the folded edge. We figured this basically makes a card all by itself. Then my little lady pointed out the fact that folded, it looks like ice cream.  That was all we needed to get us off and running.


On the inside, we simply wrote things like:


or

 I actually was scolded for taking that last picture prematurely.  So it's not "as pretty" as it was in the end, but you get the idea nonetheless.

And there you have it.  Simple cute and fun Valentine's when you are stuck in the house or just realize that a personal touch is really what matters.

Do you ever make homemade Valentine's?
I'd love to see your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment